Dispute Resolution

The Statutory Council was accredited to resolve disputes in the Industry by the CCMA in June 2004. The procedures for referring disputes to the Council are summarized as follows:

  • A party in disputes completes Form 7.11 which is a request for Conciliation (including Con-Arb).
  • The completed Form 7.11 is served on the other party, and filed with the Statutory Council. Proof of service to other party is required.
  • If Conciliation fails, the referring party may refer the dispute to Arbitration by completing Form 7.13 and must also serve on the other party and file with the Statutory Council.
  • Referral of a dismissal dispute to the Statutory Council must be made within 30 days of the date of dismissal.
  • If the dispute is not referred within 30 days, a condonation application must accompany the Form 7.11.
  • Parties are advised to read in detail the rules of conduct before submitting disputes to the Council.

Forms ( Feel free to download them)