The Statutory Council was accredited to resolve disputes in the Industry by the CCMA in June 2004. The procedures for referring disputes to the Council are summarized as follows:
- A party in disputes completes Form 7.11 which is a request for Conciliation (including Con-Arb).
- The completed Form 7.11 is served on the other party, and filed with the Statutory Council. Proof of service to other party is required.
- If Conciliation fails, the referring party may refer the dispute to Arbitration by completing Form 7.13 and must also serve on the other party and file with the Statutory Council.
- Referral of a dismissal dispute to the Statutory Council must be made within 30 days of the date of dismissal.
- If the dispute is not referred within 30 days, a condonation application must accompany the Form 7.11.
- Parties are advised to read in detail the rules of conduct before submitting disputes to the Council.
Forms ( Feel free to download them)